Friends are part of what makes life so enjoyable. They allow us to let down our hair, laugh at ourselves, and completely be who we are meant to be. There is a special feeling though, a connection of sorts, when you spend time in the company of people of like mind. These are people you want to hang with, learn more about, and most certainly celebrate a great event with.
This past weekend, I was fortunate to attend the Surrey International Writers’ Conference. This was my third time at the conference and though I am exhausted beyond what should be possible, I walked away with a brain full of workshop related processes and two new friends. Even though, I am renewed with more knowledge from the workshops and keynote speakers, I have a feeling, it is the connection to my new friends that will carry me further in life and in writing.
My advice for meeting friends is….
- Be yourself
- Get out there and meet people
- You have nothing to lose
- You have everything to gain
- Like minds attract like minds
- Everyone has something to contribute
- You are not the only person who is shy, quiet, reserved, etc
- Somebody, somewhere is waiting for a friend like you, so what are you waiting for?