Bliss. What is it and how do we add it to our lives? Since today is the Monday of a long weekend here in beautiful British Columbia, I am going to keep this week’s post relatively concise (as I have much enjoying left to do today).
Bliss is that moment of pure joy that washes over you like the warmth of springtime sunshine. It is the giddy feeling you get in your tummy which is fueled by excitement. You abandon worries of where you are or who is watching you as you engage in your moment of bliss. It is the epitome of what it means to be filled up with happiness.
So how do we add more of it into our lives? The answer will vary for each of you. Ask yourself a couple of telling questions and soon you’ll be on your way to harnessing more bliss into your day.
- When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
- If I asked you to tell me about a happy moment or experience in your life what would it be?
- Who in your circle of family and friends makes you smile?
- What was the best day of your life so far?
- How do you feel when you have the opportunity to play with puppies or children?
- Where do you feel most at home or most yourself?
- Who do you see yourself with when you experience happy moments?
I imagine that answering each of these questions was relatively easy for you. So the next step should be just as simple.
Spend time with the people who make you smile and laugh.
Visit the places that rejuvenate you.
Remember the good times, they will most certainly help you through the challenging ones. Browsing through old photos is a good exercise if you find yourself stumped.
Visit with animals and/or children you enjoy. They have a natural inclination to bring out the joy in an effortless manner.
Identify the best day in your life and seek out ways to create the same sense of well being, joy, and bliss you felt on that day.